Gluten-free Chewy Smart Life Granola Bars
This recipe is great for two reasons:
1) They’re a healthy go-to snack to get you through the holiday season. Snack on these healthy bars and avoid processed snack foods, cookies, and chocolates from your gift boxes.
2)They’re a great gift idea – you can make a batch and package in a nice glass container or bag and give to coworkers, friends, and neighbors with your holiday cards.
Watch the recipe video here:
Coconut oil cooking spray, for the baking sheet
- 2 cups organic gluten-free oats
- ¾ cup raw sliced almonds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup unsweetened sulfur-free dried cherries
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond butter
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 ̊F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat lightly with coconut oil cooking spray. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- Spread out the oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and shredded coconut on the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large saucepan over low heat, combine the brown rice syrup, almond butter, vanilla, coconut oil, and salt and cook, stirring, until heated through and combined well using a spatula.
- Once the granola mixture has toasted, remove it from the oven, add the toasted sesame seeds, ground flaxseed, dried cherries, and toss to evenly combine. Using the foil as an aid, transfer the granola mixture into the large saucepan with the wet mixture. Mix well with a spatula to coat evenly.
- Once the mixture is well combined and slightly cool, pour the granola into the prepared baking dish and press it down firmly, to evenly distribute it in the dish. Let cool for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.