Mediterranean Roasted Zucchini
Zucchini is about 90 percent water and very low in calories. Oven Roasted Zucchini is a quick and
easy. This recipe incorporates some Mediterranean staples and a spicy kick from the jalapenos.
- 6 medium green zucchinis
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, one reserved
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 jalapenos, sliced with seeds
- 1 cup chopped mint leaves
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup roasted pine nuts
- ½ cup Parmesan crisps, crumbled or grated pecorino cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Rinse zucchini and trim the ends. Slice about 1/2-inch thick. Place slices in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir to coat. Arrange zucchini on baking sheet. Bake about 12-15 minutes until lightly browed.
- Let zucchini cool a bit and transfer to a baking dish. Top with the jalapeno slices, mint leaves, parsley, pine nuts and crumbled Parmesan crisps. Drizzle with reserved olive oil and return to oven for about 8-10 minutes until toppings are lightly browed. Serve warm.