Onion & Goats Cheese Tart
- 1 Ready-made frozen pie tart ready for filling
- 5 medium size sweet onions
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup soft goat cheese
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 oz. finely shaved Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the onions into circles and then halves. Place in a large frying pan with the olive oil, 1 cup of cold water, and salt and pepper to season. Slowly cook on low heat for at least 30 minutes. Stir and add a little water to ensure the onion doesn’t dry out and that it becomes very soft and almost caramelized. Once cooked set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl and once onions are well cooled add to the eggs and mix together.
- Pour the egg and onion mix into the ready-made pie dish.
- Chop the goats cheese into small cubes and spread over the top of the onion mixture, pressing lightly into the mixture.
- Sprinkle the tart with parmesan and cook in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let the dish stand for 5-8 minutes before serving.