If you think that cutting 100 calories a day doesn’t sound like it will make a difference in how you look and feel, think again. Start with that one simple change in January and you’ll drop 10 pounds in 2015.
It’s easier than you think:
1. Swap cow’s milk for almond milk
2. Swap a whole-wheat wrap for butter lettuce or collard green wraps
3. Swap potato chips for spinach chips
4. Pour only ½ a glass of wine and dilute with seltzer or sparkling water
5. Replace sour cream with hummus
6. Replace a glass of orange juice with an orange
7. Switch from whole-grain pasta to squash or zucchini spaghetti
8. Trade your morning muffin for chia seed pudding
9. Substitute homemade oil-and-vinegar-based dressings for bottled store-bought brands.
10. Use egg whites instead of the whole egg — yolks have approximately 55 calories each.