- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 1 Tablespoon cumin seeds (or one teaspoon ground cumin)
- 1 Tablespoon Baharat Spice Blend or Hawaij Spice Blend
- Black Pepper
- 2 cups Basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 bunches parsley or cilantro (or one bunch of each)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together in a small bowl the oil, cumin seeds, Hawaij spice, salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice and place in a large skillet. Top with the chopped onion, chopped herbs, rinsed chickpeas, and half of the spiced oil mixture. Add the 3 cups of boiling water and mix together.
- Add the chicken thighs on top of the rice and brush the chicken with the remaining spiced oil mixture.
- Cover the pot and bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for extra 10 minutes until chicken thighs are browned.