This refreshing mix is more like a salad than a classic guacamole dip. Its delicious with quinoa or lentil chips or spooned over grilled turkey burgers or fish.
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped purple onion
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh jalapeno, including seeds; more to taste
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1 cup diced Persian cucumbers
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple (cut into ½ -inch dice)
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice (more to taste)
- In a mixing bowl, mash together ½ of the cilantro, onion, jalapeño, and salt.
- Stir into the mix the diced cucumbers.
- Halve and remove the pits of the avocados and use a spoon to scoop the avocados into the bowl. Gently stir in the avocados, without mashing, along with the pineapple, the remaining cilantro, and lime juice. Serve immediately.
*This recipe was adapted from Roberto Santibane, Fine Cooking.
Leave a Reply