This meal was a breeze to make in a single pan and it comes out so juicy, sweet and tangy!
- 3-4 boneless chicken breast, cut into thirds
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons capers
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Spices: garlic powder (1 tsp), paprika (1/2 tsp), kosher salt & black pepper
- In a large bowl, season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika. Add a drizzle of olive oil and juice of half a lemon. Coat both sides with seasonings.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat. Add diced onion, wait for it to sizzle for 1 minute, then reduce to low heat. Let onions caramelize for 5-7 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add the chicken breasts. Cook on medium or medium high for a few minutes until one side of the chicken reaches a nice golden brown. Flip the chicken and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the kale and brussels sprouts to the pan and season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Add the juice of ½ a lemon. Let cook for about 5 minute or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Sprinkle with capers all over, to taste. Enjoy!