One of my favorite things about spring is the abundance of farmer’s market produce. This salad combines the freshest, most flavorful picks in one delicious bowl.
- 2 to 3 medium beets, red or golden
- 1 bunch young dandelion greens or watercress leaves, chopped
- ½ head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or flax seed oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut beets into quarters. Place in a steamer basket over 2 inches of water in a large pot set over high heat. Cover and steam until tender but firm, about 12 minutes.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel and dice them.
- Combine the avocado, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper together in a small mixing bowl.
- In a separate serving bowl, mix beets with all the remaining ingredients.
- Toss together with the dressing mixture. Serve at once.
Leave a Reply