For the Tofu:
- One 14-ounce block extra firm tofu
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon white miso paste
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Black pepper, to taste
For the Greens Stew:
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches of dark green Lacinato kale (or collard greens), stemmed & cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 13-ounce can coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Start by pressing the water out of the tofu by placing on a plate with heavy plates on top. Let all the water come out for 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, water, miso, oil and black pepper.
- Cut the tofu into cubes, mix with the marinate, and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the tofu on a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start the stew. Heat the oil in a heavy pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, and pepper flakes. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the greens and toss to coat with the oil and spices. Cook for 2 minutes until the greens are bright green.
- Add the coconut milk and turmeric. Cover and let simmer on low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Season with lemon juice and salt.
- Place greens in bowl, top with tofu. Optional to add cooked wild rice, brown rice or quinoa.