- 6 5-6-oz red snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 red peppers, sliced (you can also mix yellow and red)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (I HIGHLY recommend getting boxed chickpeas from Whole Foods (or anywhere else you can find them). The only ingredient added to the chickpeas is water, no preservatives and no BPA).
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1.5 cups filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1.5 cups chopped herbs (parsley, dill, cilantro –mix your favorite fresh herbs)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute the onions and garlic with olive oil on medium heat, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppers and continue to sauté for another 3-4 minutes. Add the chickpeas, turmeric, sweet paprika, black pepper, sea salt, cayenne pepper and continue to mix for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add water, lemon juice and fresh herbs and continue to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture into a large baking dish.
- Sprinkle the fish fillets with salt and pepper and slightly immerse (skin down) in the vegetable mixture. (If you like to eat later, you can cool down the vegetable mixture to room temperature and then add the fish before moving to the oven).
- Cook in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply