Tofu Grilling Tips
Use firm, or if possible, extra-firm tofu, and always press your tofu very well before grilling. This removes a lot of the water that is naturally in tofu and will allow it to grill better.
- One 14-ounce block extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon white miso
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- Prepare the tofu by pressing all the water out. Slice into 6-8 rectangles.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, miso, avocado oil, garlic and black pepper. Pour 2/3 of the marinate over the tofu and let marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
- Grill the tofu approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- Top with reserved marinate and chopped parsley and serve.