These chickpea patties are made with simple ingredients and easy prep. They are gluten free and dairy free. They pair well with tahini dressing and chopped vegetable salad.
- 1 15-ounce canned chickpeas rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Hawaij spice (can replace with cumin)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (plus oil 1-2 to brush the pan)
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, flour, nutritional yeas, parsley, cumin, salt, pepper. Add 3 Tablespoons water and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and use a masher to combine the ingredients until they are well blended.
- Form 6 patties from the mixture.
- Heat a large pan with oil and add the patties. Cook until browned, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with tahini or any other sauce of choice.
- 1 cup tahini sesame seed paste (made from light colored seeds)
- 3/4 cup cold water, or more for consistency
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp fine ground sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- Whisk together the tahini paste, water and lemon juice until creamy consistency.
- Add garlic, salt and parsley and mix well together.
To serve, assemble 2 bowls with chopped romaine, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Add the patties and drizzle with tahini sauce.