Stocking your kitchen with top-quality ingredients is a crucial step to becoming the healthiest you. Not only are they better for you, they also taste better and can make cooking at home easy and fun. Here are some of the ingredients that I always keep on hand in my own healthy kitchen.*
- In my opinion, Shirley Bar Living Ethiopian Tahini is the best tahini out there. Their tahini made from 100% raw Ethiopian sesame seeds and contains no additives, preservatives, or added salt or oil (which can create a bitter aftertaste). This tahini is also very creamy, which makes it easy to to work with in the kitchen. It tastes heavenly over crudite veggies, Mary’s Gone Crackers or even straight from the jar for a quick healthy savory snack. I also use tahini in an amazing dressing that can be used on salads, over steamed green veggies, over cooked grains or roasted chicken, fish, or meat. Simply add lemon juice, water, parsley, salt, pepper and maybe a little garlic and mix by hand. If you’d prefer to make your own tahini, you can follow my easy Israeli Tahini recipe.
- Anita’s Coconut Milk Yogurt is a phenomenal locally produced plant-based yogurt that contains no additives, added sugars or stabilizers. It contains solely nutrients that are naturally occurring in pure organic full-fat coconut milk. It is also high in probiotics. Because it is unsweetened, this coconut milk yogurt can be used for savory dishes – I use it to replace greek yogurt in salad dressings and also love to mix with some chopped cucumbers and drizzle a little olive oil, sea salt, and zaatar on top for a savory breakfast. For a sweeter snack, I will drizzle the yogurt with raw honey, flax seeds, and berries.
- Green Raw Wraps are delicious and healthy wraps that can be enjoyed with hot or cold fillings. They only contain 70 calories and are made from organic, whole food ingredients. I love to wrap some veggies like cherry tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and avocado with ½ cup of cooked quinoa or brown rice or fill them with this easy recipe for Toona Salad adapted from the Ranch at Live Oak, Malibu
- I love ordering produce from Our Harvest. They allow you to buy the best ingredients from local farms with ease and convenience. Our Harvest partner with local farmers, fishermen and food artisans, the elimination of un-necessary middlemen, saves money and also helps deliver the freshest food. They also gives back and are socially responsible. For every order of $25, OurHarvest donates a meal to a local food pantry to help fight hunger.
- I buy most of my frozen fish (especially salmon burgers) from Vital Choice. They carry high-quality fish in just the right portion sizes. Their fish tastes just as good as fresh when it defrosts.
*this post includes affiliate links, I will make a small profit off of your purchase. I only promote products that I use myself and truly believe in.