This makes for a super healthy salad that you can prepare in advance and enjoy for a couple of days. I adapted it from Crazy Sexy Kitchen by Kris Carr & Chef Chad Sarno. You can serve it solo, with your favorite cooked grain, or wrapped in nori. When I have guests, I like to serve it wrapped in a cucumber slice and topped with sprouted sunflower seeds. Its a fancy and super healthy start to your meal!
- 1 bunch kale, any variety, chopped (you can all mix varieties)
- 2 cups diced bell peppers, red, yellow, and orange
- 1/2 cup chopped parsely
- 1 1/2 avocados, pit removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons flax oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt, to taste
- pinch of cayenne, to taste
- sprouted sunflower seeds
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Massage and mix with your hands to “wilt” the kale and cream the avocado. Serve and enjoy!