This is a perfect dinner appetizer or platter for a brunch buffet. It’s becoming a favorite in my house so I thought I would share:
- 2 medium sized eggplants, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped (I mix red and orange)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Brush olive oil on a baking sheet. Layer the eggplant rounds on the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Flip and roast for 12-15 minutes.
In the meantime, combine cherry tomatoes, onion, capers, herbs, oil, vinegar, a pinch of sea salt and pepper in a bowl.
When eggplants are roasted, top each round with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and leave in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
Take out of the oven and top with the tomato and herbs mixture. Arrange on a platter and serve.
Tip: You can roast the eggplants and make the tomato mixture in advance and save them in the fridge. Just before serving, warm the eggplants, add the grated cheese and then top with tomato mixture and serve.