One of my family’s favorite breakfast/brunch dishes is baked eggs which is really easy to make and a great way to add lots of vegetables to the protein rich eggs. The only trick to baking eggs is to pay attention when baking and pull the dish out when the eggs are cooked to your liking. This recipe with cherry tomatoes was great because I used our homegrown cherry tomatoes. The sweetness of homegrown tomatoes at the peak season of late summer is so satisfying and brings out the best taste of every dish.
Watch my video to learn how to quickly halve cherry tomatoes! This is one of the Smart Life quick tips my clients absolutely love!
- 2 -3 pints cherry tomatoes, halved.
- 3 Tablespoons Basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 6 organic fresh eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange halved cherry tomatoes in an even layer in a medium sized baking dish or an ovenproof skillet (I like to use my Scanpan)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until tomatoes are somewhat blistered (if a lot of liquid gets released, carefully pour off a little).
- In a small dish, mix the olive oil, 2 tablespoons of basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Top the tomatoes with olive oil mixture and spread the spinach over the tomatoes. Top with grated cheese (optional).
- Gently crack the eggs over the tomatoes and veggies, keeping yolks intact.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cooked eggs with more sea salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of basil.
Leave a Reply