This Mother’s Day frittata is just as big on flavor as it is on nutrients, thanks to loads of organic vegetables, fresh herbs and protein- and omega 2-rich eggs. It’s also a fantastic base recipe that you can customize according to mom’s palate. Super simple, this dish is perfect for weeknights when you’re cleaning out what’s left in your crisper.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 large organic eggs
- 2 organic egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 ounces grated vegan cheese or Italian Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Do not allow garlic to brown or it turns bitter. Add zucchini; cook 3 minutes and add the cherry tomatoes. Cook veggies until tender, stirring continuously. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and rosemary, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the zucchini and cook until the eggs begin to set, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top. Place pan under the broiler for 3 minutes or until the frittata rises slightly and becomes light and settled. Eggs should not be runny. Transfer to a serving plate, cut into pie-shaped wedges and serve. I love it paired with the Spring Green Salad.
Leave a Reply