- 6 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups quinoa (cooked)
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 3 cups sautéed organic baby spinach (about 2-3 5oz boxes raw spinach)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking dish large enough to hold all of the tomatoes.
- Cut the top off the tomatoes and gently scoop out and discard the pulp and seeds. Arrange the tomatoes, cut side up, in the baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the quinoa, goat cheese, sautéed spinach, basil, parsley/cilantro, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Gently spoon the quinoa mixture evenly into the tomatoes.
- Bake until the tomatoes begin to soften and the quinoa filling turns golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the tomatoes and bake until the cheese melts, an additional 4-5 minutes.