When you’re trying to drop pounds, these healthy tips may help you shed them faster. Try one or two! All you’ve got to lose is weight.
- Grab a grapefruit breakfast. Often called nature’s fat metabolizer, this fat-burning fruit also stabilizes energy and balances blood sugar. Add some raw honey and enjoy one every morning.
- Take an afternoon raw honey break. This wonder food triggers your metabolism and helps you stabilize blood sugar. Drizzle over a rice cake for a PM snack.
- Drink water before meals. There’s a reason you’re supposed to drink so much of this stuff … it’s critical for fat metabolism. Drink one to two glasses of water 15 minutes before you eat. Squeeze in some lemon juice for extra weight loss boost.
- Switch to sprouted breads. White breads, cakes and cookies contain gluten, which is hard to digest. When you eat foods that are hard to digest, your body releases more insulin, a hormone that increases the storage of fat. Switching to sprouted breads sidesteps the high insulin levels triggered by gluten.
- Do as the Italians do. Add balsamic vinegar to your salad before a big meal. New research shows that it slows digestion so you feel fuller faster and get more nutrients out of what you eat.
- Drink green tea with your meals. Why? It contains super ingredients, called catechins, that studies have shown trigger calorie burning and fat blasting.
- Add spices to your recipes. Certain herbs and spices — pepper, ginger, turmeric and cayenne, for instance — do more than add flavor, they stimulate digestion. Toss them into salads, soups and stir-fries.
- Learn to love beets. Eating one of these babies every day thins the bile and flushes the liver and gallbladder. Enjoy roasted or raw with lemon juice.
- Increase fiber intake. Fiber makes you feel fuller, plus it moves fat through your digestive system more quickly so less lands on your hips. Bulk up on greens or add flax, hemp and chia seeds to your cereal, salads, shakes and soups.
- Sip hot water with lemon after meals. It’s cleansing and improves digestion. If you’re not sold on the taste, add an herbal tea bag.
Leave a Reply