This is a great cleansing soup during the cold months of winter. You can double or triple amounts as needed.
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 medium size carrots, chopped
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- chopped chives to garnish (optional)
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger in coconut oil until onions translucent.
- Add carrots and vegetable broth, water and turmeric.
- Bring to simmer, cover, cook for 30 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to blender (or use hand blender to stir in pot), add sea salt and pepper to taste, blend until smooth.