Here’s a crowd-pleasing healthy recipe that is great for potluck holiday parties.
Kale Salad with Nuts and Dried Berries
- 1 bunch organic kale
- 2 bulbs endive (sliced)
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Juice of one lemon
- 3-4 TBS (approx.) extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Garnish with pistachios and dried cranberries (or sliced almonds and dried cherries)
- Separate the kale leaves from the stems and tear the leaves into smaller, bite-sized pieces. Place the kale in a large bowl. Add lemon, olive oil and salt and massage leaves by hand until soft and resembling a “cooked” appearance. The acid and salt will help break down the fibrousness of the kale.
- Thinly slice the endive and red cabbage and add to the bowl of kale.
- Garnish with your favorite nuts and dried berries.