6 pieces of chicken (I like to use organic skinless and boneless chicken thighs or skinless chicken legs)
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. grated orange peel
- 2 Tbs. grated lemon peel
- 2 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs fresh thyme leaves
- 3 Tbs. sweet chili sauce
- 3 Tbs. Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- ¼ cup organic brown sugar or date sugar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients of the marinade and add the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours (you can also leave overnight).
- Place the marinated chicken pieces in a roasting pan and pour the citrus marinade on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Keep drizzling the sauce over the chicken while cooking.
*Photo from TheKitchn