Often the biggest, best results come from doing the littlest things. Do them over and over and you’ve got yourself a habit. Losing weight is the same idea: You don’t have to overhaul your entire kitchen or burn your takeout menus to make a huge impact on your diet. You just need to start small by making Smart choices every time you eat. Healthier grains. Natural sugars. Unprocessed foods. You get the idea.
The easy diet tweaks below require no additional time – you simply decide to do them – to fast track yourself back into your beach body.
My favorite switch ups:
- instant oatmeal to chia seeds, which have more nutrients, fiber and protein, while keeping you full longer.
- high glycemic to low glycemic fruits to lessen the spike to your blood sugar levels. Try to stick to berries, green apples, and pears.
- mixed drinks to red wine for greater antioxidants and less sugar and calories from unhealthy mixers.
- smoothies made with yogurt or dairy milk to smoothies made with nut milks or raw coconut water for greater nutrition without the saturated fats and casein, a protein that puts huge pressure on human digestion.
- one cup of coffee for one cup of green tea to boost antioxidants without the acidity.
- fruit juices to vegetable juices so you get the vitamins, minerals and fiber without the extra sugar.
- whole wheat wraps to collard green wraps, cruciferous greens with phytonutrients that help lower your cancer risk by supporting your detox and anti-inflammatory systems.
- sports drinks, energy shots and vitamin waters to raw coconut water, which is loaded with healthy ingredients that naturally boost energy and electrolytes.