Looking for a sweet V-Day treat that won’t sabotage your smart life? Try this amazing Dark Chocolate, Cherry, and Almond Bark, adapted from Laura Rosenberg at www.greennpakinnutrition.com. Be sure to use raw, organic dark chocolate to retain nutrients and avoid additives like sugar, milk, and preservatives!
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips (70% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Roast almonds in the oven at 350°F until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes.
- While the almonds are toasting, place chocolate chips in a large, heat-proof bowl.
- Place hot almonds in bowl over chocolate chips and let set 5 minutes until chocolate is melted. If necessary, place over a double boiler to melt chocolate.
- Stir in cherries.
- Spread chocolate mixture on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Place in refrigerator to cool. Break into pieces and serve.
Leave a Reply