Pineapples, mangos, and peaches are delicious grilled. The sauce can be prepared a day ahead. Unsweetened coconut cream can be hard to find, so I use a can of coconut milk, and spoon off the top part of a can. Just make sure not to shake the can before you open it.
For the sauce:
- 1 13oz. can coconut milk (I get mine at Trader Joes)
- ¼ cup date or coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the grilled fruit:
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled and sliced
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into rings
- 3 large peaches, cored and sliced
- ½ cup unsalted, roasted pistachios or sprouted pumpkin seeds (optional) for garnish.
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Gently open the coconut milk can and transfer the creamy top half into a saucepan (It should be about 1 cup). Add 2 Tablespoons of the clear juice from the bottom of the can. Add the sugar and salt.
- Heat over medium heat until the sugar and salt dissolve; DO NOT let it boil.
- Simmer to thicken, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Chill the sauce (it will thicken some more as it chills), and let it come to room temperature before serving.
Grill the fruit:
- Heat the grill to medium and place the fruit on a nonstick grill topper. Grill the fruit just enough to soften it.
- Plate and drizzle with the coconut sauce.
- Garnish with unsalted roasted pistachios or sprouted pumpkin seeds and chopped mint.