- 6 apples, peeled and chopped (your choice of apple, I used organic Pink Ladies)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (or more if you like cinnamon like we do)
- About ½ cup of water to cover the bottom of pot
- Place all ingredients in a pot on the stovetop and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover with lid.
- Simmer apples for about 20 minutes or until soft. The smaller the pieces of chopped apple the faster cook time.
- Remove from heat and mash with potato masher for chunkier applesauce, or put in a food processor or blender for smoother texture.