Simple doesn’t have to be boring. With organic greens plus a one-minute dressing topped with healthy sprouted seeds, salad doesn’t get much easier than this. Ingredients are healthy and intense, giving gourmet taste sans sugar and cheese.
- 1 head butter or green leaf lettuce
- 1 or 2 scallions, diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sprouted pumpkin or sunflower seeds (optional)
- Wash and dry lettuce thoroughly using a salad spinner. Prepare your dressing as lettuce sits.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, combine mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whisk well. Slowly add olive oil and whisk until smooth and well incorporated. That’s it!
- Place salad in a large bowl and top with dressing immediately before serving. Sprinkle with sprouted pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
Leave a Reply