The secret weapon in this innovative salad is the addition of (drum roll, please) a tea bag! Adding a tea to your quinoa as it cooks is like steeping tealeaves in a cup of boiling water. Basically you’re infusing your grains with healthy active vitamins, minerals, anti-virals, anti-bacterials, and more. This recipe calls for peppermint, but if you’re feeling creative, switch out your tea bag for your favorite flavors like ginger, orange, or green tea. It’s simple, easy, and perfect for Passover as well as year-round.
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed in cold water
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh mint, basil, cilantro
- In a saucepan, add grains, water and peppermint tea bag.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, then remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- When it’s done, add olive oil and fluff.
- Garnish with chopped fresh herbs and serve.
Leave a Reply