- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil (or olive oil or avocado oil)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 2 cups green peas (organic frozen and thawed)
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen or uncooked cauliflower rice
- 2 (1-quart) boxes of organic vegetable broth
- 1 (13-ounce) box organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped Lacinato kale
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced parsley (optional)
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat the coconut oil. Add the onion and garlic and sweat (cook without coloring) until tender. Add the celery, broccoli, and zucchini. Increase the heat to medium and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the vegetables are fork tender, stirring occasionally. Add the broth and bring to a boil, then add the green peas and cauliflower rice and turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the soup. Stir in the kale and simmer for 1-2 minutes to wilt, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Add red pepper flakes if you like spice. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or microgreens.