Dessert can taste decadent without sabotaging your diet or your health. The perfect craving-busters, these one-bite wonders are a sweet, soothing summer treat (no oven required!) or can be dressed up for holiday parties.
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup raw cashews or macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- Water (to mix)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut, chopped nuts, chocolate nibs, raw sugar, cacao powder, ginger or something else you love (optional roll-in ingredients)
- Mix cashews in a food processor until it forms a powder, slowly adding enough water to create a thick paste.
- Add maple syrup to cashews and pulse to process. Add cacao powder and pulse to process.
- Refrigerate four hours or overnight for best results.
- Form teaspoon-size balls of dough. Coat them in your chosen roll-in ingredients! Makes 25 truffles.