- 1.5 cups organic wild rice blend
- 1 small organic leek, chopped and rinse well
- 2 organic carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
- 3 cups organic low sodium vegetable stock or water
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-6 sprigs of a mix of organic fresh rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano
- Tbsp organic dried oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
1. Heat up a large deep skillet or pot over medium low flame. Add a splash of water (or a drizzle of olive oil) and the chopped leeks. Saute the leeks with a pinch of sea salt until translucent.
2. Stir in the grated carrots, herb sprigs, bay leaves, and red pepper flakes. Add the wild rice mix and stir well to combine. Allow it to toast together with the aromatics for a couple of minutes.
3. Add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries. Pour in the wine and simmer until reduced by half, then add the vegetable stock (or water). Stir and taste for seasonings. Add more sea salt to your taste if desired.
4. Bring the rice to a simmer, cover with a tight lid and cook on low flame for 50 minutes.
5. Turn off the flame but do not remove the lid. Allow the rice to sit covered for 10 to 15 minutes and continue cooking in its own steam.
6. Discard the bay leaves and the woody sprigs from the herbs. Use a fork and gently fluff up the rice.
7. Serve warm or cold garnished with more cranberries and more fresh herbs.