- 4 small acorn squash
- 2 cups cooked black lentils (can replace with black beans)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (can replace with millet)
- 4 cups mushrooms (button, cremini or shitake), very finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley or cilantro
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and finely diced (use less for milder taste)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove stems from squash, cut in half and remove seeds.
- Cut a thin slice of the skin from the outer edge of squash, perpendicular to cutting board, so it sits without wobbling. Place squash flesh side down on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
- To make filling, sauté mushrooms and garlic in ¼ cup vegetable broth over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, until fully cooked. If needed, add additional broth while cooking.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir in mushrooms and garlic
- Spoon filling into squash, pressing down mixture slightly.
- Bake squash for 20 minutes or until heated through and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply