Yield: 1 pound
Matcha offers even more antioxidants than green tea. Green tea, or matcha, paired with berries helps to support heart health.
- 15 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups raw organic almonds (can replace with pistachios or 1 cup of each)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons ground matcha green tea
- Sprinkle of coarse sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place chocolate in a wide bowl and set aside. Place almond/pistachios on a cookie sheet and toast in oven for 10 minutes, careful not to burn.
3. Pour hot almonds over chocolate and let sit for 1-2 minutes until chocolate melts. Place over a double boiler if chocolate does not melt completely. Add cranberries and toss to coat.
4. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate, almond and cranberry mixture on a parchment lined cookie sheet and spread out evenly. Sift matcha powder and sea salt over chocolate.
5. Place in refrigerator to cool and harden. When solid, break into pieces and serve.
Leave a Reply