Taste testers didn’t miss the flour in these simple, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies! Only 5 ingredients needed to make them. This recipe makes 1 dozen cookies.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Add the almond butter, baking soda, and coconut sugar. Mix everything together very well. Fold in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Scoop the dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons each, onto prepared baking sheet. Gently press down on the dough mounds with the back of a spoon. If you find the cookie dough balls are oily-looking from your almond butter, blot each with a paper towel.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked, but that’s ok. For crispy cookies, bake for up to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh stored covered at room temperature for up to 7 days. Cookies freeze well, up to 3 months.