Yield: approximately 24 triangles (6 servings)
- 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Seasonings Dulse Granules with Garlic
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon brown rice syrup
- Up to 2 teaspoons filtered water
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons Caraway seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In food processor, finely grind oats, sunflower seeds, and flour together. Add dulse granules and salt.
3. In separate small bowl, whisk together coconut oil and rice syrup.
4. Add oil-syrup mixture to dry ingredients in food processor, adding in water as needed. (Dough should be stiff, yet pliable.)
5. Between parchments sheets, roll out dough with rolling pin to uniform thickness, 1/8 inch. Remove top sheet of parchment.
6. Mix together equal amounts of sesame, poppy and caraway seeds and sprinkle liberally over rolled dough. Cover with top sheet of parchment again and roll seeds into dough.
7. Remove top sheet of parchment again. Score dough all the way through using pizza cutter or knife at 2-inch intervals vertically and horizontally to create squares. Score diagonally to make triangles. Slide dough with bottom parchment onto half sheet pan.
8. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. (Caution: crackers on outer edges may brown more quickly than those in center.)
9. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Separate crackers along scored cuts and store in airtight container at room temperature.
*Thank you to the Natural Gourmet Institute / NYC for this recipe.
Leave a Reply