- 1/2 cup Tamari sauce (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup Mirin
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 4 5-oz skinless salmon fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Avocado oil for brushing
- 4 baby bok chop, large outer leaves removed and bulbs halved lengthwise
- 4 double prong skewers
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Whisk together soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, and vinegar in a large bowl until sugar dissolves. Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade. Add salmon to bowl, mix well, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to high, or heat a grill pan over high, and grease with avocado oil. Remove the salmon from the marinate. Thread salmon and bok choy onto skewers.
- Grill, turning once, until salmon is medium within, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a platter, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Serve with steamed brown rice and reserved marinade.
Leave a Reply