I’m excited to announce a very special collaboration with Our Harvest!
Our Harvest is a NY-based online farmers market and grocery delivery service that connects you to fresh, local food, sourced directly from small family farmers and food artisans. They offer a wide selection of farm-fresh seasonal produce; premium grass-fed meats; pasture-raised poultry and dairy; never-frozen, sustainably-caught fish; and, clean-label pantry staples. Their food is meticulously sourced from over 150 regional farmers, food purveyors and suppliers who uphold the highest quality standards and adhere to the most responsible growing practices.
By working directly with small family farmers and artisanal purveyors, Our Harvest has created a system that is a win for farmers, consumers, and the community alike. With Our Harvest, your groceries are delivered from the farm straight to you, sometimes just hours after harvest, and you can taste the difference.
Why I choose to shop at Our Harvest
- They are an online farmers market and grocery story that connects you to real food, straight from local farmers and producers – the Smart Life way!
- They are a socially-responsible, mission-driven food startup whose goal is to bring fresh, local and delicious food to communities at a fair price while fighting hunger .
- They source from small, local family farms who use sustainable and responsible growing practices.
- The vast majority of their products come from within 250 miles, with most from much closer (e.g. Long Island farms, Brooklyn-based artisanal producers, etc.)
- Our Harvest’s supply chain is 100% transparent. They provide producer information and ingredient labels for every item listed on their site.
- They offer more than 725 choices of fresh, all-natural, high-quality food.
- For every order placed over $25, Our Harvest donates a meal to a local food bank or pantry in your community to help combat hunger. They have donated well over 10,000 meals to date!
How it works
The Our Harvest model disrupts the current, conventional food retail system, where food travels long distances and sits on a shelf or in a warehouse until it is eventually sold.
Shoppers can choose from a selection of more than 725 products, all of which include the name and description of the small family farm or artisanal producer where it originated. Orders are placed the same way as with any online retailer; however, once an order is placed, their team then travels to the local farms to source the ordered items, which customers receive sometimes only hours after it was harvested! This sourcing model enables them to serve farm fresh fare at a price point that is fair to everyone along the supply chain.
Special Discount for the Smart Life Community
- As a member of the Smart Life community, you can receive 25% off your first order with code SMARTLIFE.
- Plus, every time you shop with Our Harvest, a percentage will be donated to Books for Kids Foundation. The mission of the Books for Kids Foundation is to promote literacy among all children with a special emphasis on low-income and at-risk preschool-aged children. Books for Kids creates libraries, donates books, and implements literacy programs to develop the critical early foundation and skills which young children need to be successful in life.
- Furthermore for every order above $25, Our Harvest donates a meal to a local food band or pantry.
Find our more about Our Harvest