- 1 package organic extra firm tofu, drained
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/3 cup cornstarch or Arrowroot (Arrowroot flour is a gluten-free substitute for cornstarch)
- 4 Tablespoons Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoon hot chili sauce or sriracha
- 2 Teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Remove tofu from packaging, place on a plate and add plates on top to squeeze out all the water. Cut into cubes (1- 1.5 inches)
- Add cornstarch to a bowl, roll each tofu cube in it.
- Heat oil on medium in non-stick pan, and once oil is hot, add tofu and fry until golden and crispy- about 6-8 minutes eat side, turning occasionally so all sides are crispy.
- Remove crispy tofu cubes to a plate with paper towels to get excess oil. Remove the pan from heat and clean off the excess oil.
- Return pan to the stove and pour in the sauce. Heat the sauce a little and add the tofu cubes. Stir until all cubes are evenly coated in the sauce. The sauce will thicken.
Leave a Reply