(Adapted from Skinny Meals by Bob Harper)
This lemony, garlicky soup with chicken and kale is a great all-in-one nutrition boost that can be enjoyed all year round.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4-6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons herbs de Provence (or combination of dried thyme, rosemary, oregano and basil)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 1-quart boxes of organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3-4 cups chopped kale
1. Heat the coconut oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the chicken, dried herbs, and bay leaves, and raise the heat to medium- high and cook for 6-8 minutes.
3. Pour in the broth and lemon juice. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and remove the bay leaves. Add the kale and stir until slightly wilted.