- 4 (6-ounce) pieces Wild Cod (boneless, skinless)
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Very lightly coat the bottom of a baking dish large enough to hold the fish in one layer with cooking spray
- Pat the cod pieces with a paper towel and place them in the baking dish.
- Season the fish with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the butter and olive oil in a small nonstick skillet. Heat on medium-low. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice and parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Top each fillet with a large spoonful of the butter mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Actual cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fish. The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.