This is the easiest light green soup made with 5 ingredients + salt and water! It is energizing and detoxing and perfect for early spring.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 medium size zucchinis, sliced into rounds
- 3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5-6 cups of water
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 4-5 cups spinach
- Heat up the oil on medium heat in the pot and add the zucchini rounds. Saute the zucchini by constantly stirring, until most rounds are slightly browed on both sides.
- Add salt, garlic and continue to saute for another 2 minutes until the garlic is slightly browned. Add the water to just cover the zucchini. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and continue to cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and use an immersion blender for 2 minutes to puree the soup.
- Option: garnish the soup with mint leaves and roasted pine nuts to serve!