The flavors of this recipe are sophisticated and delicate yet it is so easy to make. I use this recipe when I want to easily impress!
- 2 cod or halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (try organic like Imagine or Pacific brands)
- 4 tablespoon leeks, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons mellow white miso
- ½ cup warm water
- Juice of ½ lemon
Bring vegetable broth and leeks to a simmer in a pot. Sprinkle cod with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk miso paste with warm water until it’s fully dissolved. Add the mixture to the simmering broth and bring back to a simmer.
Add fish. Wait until mixture returns to gentle simmer and add the lemon juice.
Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until fish is cooked through.