- 2 5oz. filled cod or halibut
- 3 cups low sodium organic vegetable broth
- 4 Tablespoons chopped leek
- 4 Tablespoons chopped mushrooms
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons white miso paste
- ½ cup of warm water
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 Tablespoons chives, chopped (optional)
- Bring vegetable broth leeks and mushrooms to a simmer in a pot
- Sprinkle fish fillets with sea salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the white miso paste with warm water until miso is fully dissolved. Add miso mixture to the simmering broth/leeks/mushroom mixture and bring back to a simmer.
- Add fish, wait until mixture returns to gentle simmer and add the lemon juice
- Cook about 5 to 7 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped chives and enjoy with steamed brown rice or quinoa.
Leave a Reply