- 2 large broccoli heads, separated into florets with stems
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup Gluten-Free panko (Japanese bread flakes)
- 3 tablespoons roasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the broccoli florets with stems on two sheet pans. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons of EVOO, salt and pepper. Toss well, and spread in one layer on each pan. Roast for 15 minutes until crisp-tender and the edges are starting to brown.
- In a small sauté pan over medium-low heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute (do not brown). Add the panko, tossing to coat in the oil. Cook until the panko is golden brown. Take off the stove, and add the pine nuts and lemon zest.
- Place the roasted broccoli on a serving dish, sprinkle with lemon juice, then the panko mixture, and toss well. Serve hot, warm, or room temperature.