For the Dressing:
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 6 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced
- 2 teaspoons vegan mayo (I like this one)
- 2 teaspoons organic Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, bottoms trimmed, cut lengthwise into halves
- ½ cup grated Pecorino (optional)
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Whisk the minced garlic and minced anchovies together until they form a paste. Add the mayonnaise and mustard and whisk. Add the olive oil, then vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush the lettuce heads with olive oil. Lightly grill over medium heat for 2 minutes. Then brush with the dressing and cover the grill for 1-2 minutes to allow dressing to melt into the lettuce.
- Platter and drizzle with remaining dressing and garnish with grated Pecorino cheese and chopped parsley.
Leave a Reply