For the Salad:
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 2 cups green peas (fresh or frozen, blanched)
- 3 ounces Greek feta cheese, cut into small chunks
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
For the Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add a tablespoon of sea salt and wheat berries. Reduce to a simmer and cook until wheat berries are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wheat berries with chopped tomatoes, green peas, and parsley . In a separate bowl whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Stir to combine with the wheat berries and vegetables. Add the feta cheese. Toss and serve.