Makes 12 muffins
- 2 1/4 cups chickpea flour
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp baking soda
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil, plus olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease muffin tins.
- In a medium saute pan, saute the onion for 5 minutes with salt and pepper, add in the peppers and mushrooms next and cook for another 5 minutes. Finally add the garlic in until fragrant.
- Turn off the flame and allow the mix to cool for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, water, nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, baking soda and lemon juice.
- Stir in the vegetable mix now as well. Make sure the batter is evenly mixed. Poor into the greased muffing tray and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the tray.