- 4 large zucchini
- 2 bunches basil
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + 1 Tablespoon
- Sea salt, to taste
1. Trim zucchini ends and create noodles using a spiralizer
2. Sauté your zucchini noodles in 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Wash and dry basil and add to a blender with pine nuts, lemon juice, olive oil, and sea salt. Blend until smooth, adding a little water as needed.
4. Toss the zucchini noodles with the pesto and garnish with grated pecorino cheese, if desired.